EPP Small Experiments Document 120-v2
- Document #:
- Document type:
- Submitted by:
- David Christian
- Updated by:
- David Christian
- Document Created:
- 03 May 2006, 15:03
- Contents Revised:
- 09 May 2006, 15:47
- Metadata Revised:
- 08 Jun 2006, 10:23
- On 4/21/06 I inspected "Gelpak 0" using the x-ray machine on FCC-3. Two of the single-chip hybrids had been removed (one of these has been electrically tested & has no bad bumps).
I found only one missing solder bump in 35x22x128=98,560 bumps inspected with the x-ray machine.
I see one unexplained dark spot & something that looks like a stain on one x-ray (each of these on one of the 8-chip hybrids).
On 5/9/06, I inspected "Gelpak 2."
I found no missing bump in 40x22x128=112,640 positions.
I found one group of 4 bumps in which at least two bumps are probably merged (on sensor B10-2-08-5R-3, chip 2).
I found one other bump which may be merged with a neighbor (same sensor, chip 1).
- "stain" (stain.bmp, 301.1 kB)
- 1 bad bump (1bad.bmp, 301.1 kB)
- closeup of dark spot (darkspotzoomout.bmp, 301.1 kB)
- closeup of the missing bump (1badzoom.bmp, 301.1 kB)
- end of a module (zoomout.bmp, 301.1 kB)
- enhanced image of merged bumps (gelpak 2) (mergedbumps2.bmp, 301.1 kB)
- good bumps (goodbumps.bmp, 301.1 kB)
- merged bumps (gelpak 2) (mergedbumps.bmp, 301.1 kB)
- possible merged bumps (gelpak 2) (smudge.bmp, 301.1 kB)
- single chip hybrid (singlechip.bmp, 301.1 kB)
- unexplained dark spot (darkspot.bmp, 301.1 kB)
- EPP-doc-75: First shipment of hybrids from VTT - Feb. 2006
- EPP-doc-111: 2nd shipment of hybrid pixel sensors from VTT - April, 2006
- EPP-doc-147: Third (& final) shipment from VTT of prototype BTeV TESLA FPIX2.1 hybrids
DocDB Version 8.8.9, contact
EPP Document Database Administrators